Monday, September 6, 2010

God Must Be Sleeping.

A man stopped me on the street today, shouting god is dead...

I Shook my head ....He is only Sleeping.

What about the hunger he said...what about the war..what kind of god could let humans

ultimatly..destroy themselves and each other...so...god must surely be dead.


God is resting now I told the stranger, meerly taking a moment for himself of sorts.

Look Up I said,.....Look up..look around you..each sunrise..The Universe..god finest creation.

God is meerly resting...Humans I said with all our flaws , faults, and fears..are Gods Masterpiece.

God knows our imperfections....and he's o.k. with them for now.

But come judgement day..You cannot even imagine an excuse he has not heard.

Tears welled up in the strangers eyes....Why has god forsaken me.

I have military medals for killing a man..and a Dishonorable Discharge for loving one.

Now they want to vote on my rights to marry the person that I Love.

I told the Stranger..A god that know's the number of hairs on your head..your before..your after.

He has not left you at all...he is meerly sleeping.

The stranger turned to walk away...as I recognized him..he was the guy who cut my hair last

week...the man who bagged my groceries..he was my brother..a friend..the kid we made fun

of on the playground because he could not throw a baseball.

God Said...and I heard him.. as he walked away into the crowded sidewalk.....Judgement is mine...love one another..as I love you.


Gary D. Eaton 6 September 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment